View this resource in its entirety at the National Association for the Education of Young Children website: https://www.naeyc.org/resources/pubs/yc/may2020/rocking-and-rolling.
The ICC-Recommended Early Start Personnel Manual (ESPM) describes core knowledge and role-specific competencies needed for early intervention service provision, incorporating current research and evidence in the field of early intervention. To access the ESPM, CLICK HERE.
This resource is related to the following ESPM knowledge-level competencies:
- Core Knowledge (CK):
- CK1: The dynamics of family systems including cultural, linguistic and socio-economic factors influencing family function and care for all children.
- CK2: The role of primary social and emotional relationships as the foundation for early learning.
- CK10: The significance and study of team models, collaboration and relationship-based practice.
- IFSP-Development and Review (IFSP-DR):
- IFSP-DR2: Is aware of the importance of parents as team members in the IFSP process.
- IFSP-Implementation (IFSP-i):
- IFSP-i5: Is familiar with issues related to English language learning and maintenance of home language.
- IFSP-i7: Understands the importance of teamwork and collaboration.