The Handbook is organized into topic specific sections that address required service coordination functions and activities from procedural safeguards to child find to the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) process and supporting resources. Chapters are generally organized as follows:
- Table of Contents: Details the contents of each section.
- Key Concepts: Specifies critical coordination principles at a glance.
- Overview: A deeper narrative of the service coordination requirements pertinent to the specific section.
- Service Coordinator Responsibilities: Outlines required service coordination activities governed by statutes and regulations and what you need to document in the child’s record.
- Quality Practices: Ideas culled from current evidence and recommended practice resources for accomplishing service coordinator responsibilities.
- Tips for Success: Suggests strategies for accomplishing required functions linked to quality practices.
Additionally, checklists and other resources pertaining to each chapter are referenced within the chapter and maintained in a comprehensive collection called Handbook Resources for Early Start Service Coordination.
Your Handbook can be adapted to meet your individual needs. Chapters may be viewed online, downloaded and stored digitally, or printed to be shared with families or other professionals. Pages or chapters will be regularly updated online with alerts to new and/or revised material disseminated through the Early Start Neighborhood.