The ICC-Recommended Early Start Personnel Manual (ESPM) describes core knowledge and role-specific competencies needed for early intervention service provision, incorporating current research and evidence in the field of early intervention. To access the ESPM, CLICK HERE.
This resource is related to the following ESPM knowledge-level competencies:
Core Knowledge (CK):
- CK6: The range of typical infant/toddler physiological factors such as:
- Early neurological/brain development
- Basic health and nutrition
- Physical growth and maturation
Individualized Family Service Plan Development and Review (IFSP-i):
- IFSP-i10 (EIS): Knows strategies that support parents in providing basic health, nutrition, and safety for infants and toddlers in natural environments.