The ICC-Recommended Early Start Personnel Manual (ESPM) describes core knowledge and role-specific competencies needed for early intervention service provision, incorporating current research and evidence in the field of early intervention. To access the ESPM, CLICK HERE.
This resource is related to the following ESPM knowledge-level competencies:
- Core Knowledge (CK):
- CK1: The dynamics of family systems including cultural, linguistic, and socio-economic factors influencing family function and care for all children.
- Identification and Referral (IR):
- IR1 (EIS): Knows current Early Start eligibility requirements including the distinctions among difference, delay, and disability.
- Evaluation and Assessment (EA):
- EA3 (EIS): Understands roles and responsibilities for team members including parents/caregivers in the evaluation and assessment process.
- EA4 (EIS): Knows strategies that support parents/caregivers in identifying and articulating their concerns about their infant/toddler’s development and needs.
- Individualized Family Service Plan Development and Review (IFSP-DR):
- IFSP-DR2 (EIS): Understands the concept of mentoring and its importance with parents and other IFSP team members.
- Individualized Family Service Plan Development and Review (IFSP-i):
- IFSP-i2 (EIS): Understand the individual nature of child learning styles and the importance of adapting intervention strategies.