To download the PDF handout in English, click here to download directly to your device.
To download the PDF handout in Spanish, click here to download directly to your device.
The ICC-Recommended Early Start Personnel Manual (ESPM) describes core knowledge and role-specific competencies needed for early intervention service provision, incorporating current research and evidence in the field of early intervention. To access the ESPM, CLICK HERE.
This resource is related to the following ESPM knowledge-level competencies:
- Core Knowledge (CK):
- CK2: The role of primary social and emotional relationships as the foundation for early learning.
- CK6: The sequences of development and the interrelationships among developmental areas/factors
- Individualized Family Service Plan Development and Review (IFSP-DR):
- IFSP-DR5 (EIA): Has basic knowledge of intervention strategies used in everyday routines, relationships, activities, places and partnerships.
- Individualized Family Service Plan Development and Review (IFSP-i):
- IFSP-i3 (EIA): Is familiar with generic and specific evidence-based early intervention strategies to support all areas of development.