This resource is related to the following ESPM knowledge-level competencies:
- Core Knowledge (CK):
- CK1: The dynamics of family systems including cultural, linguistic, and socio-economic factors influencing family function and care for all children.
- CK3: The prenatal care, delivery, and postnatal care of the infant, including variations across families, cultural and ethnic groups.
- CK7: The variety of pre- and peri-natal risk factors such as genetics, maternal health and nutrition, medical complications, prematurity/low birth weight, substance exposure and other teratogens and their effect on the developing embryo/fetus/newborn.
- Individualized Family Service Plan Implementation (IFSP-i):
- IFSP-i10 (EIS): Knows strategies that support parents in providing basic health, nutrition, and safety for infants and toddlers in natural environments.
- IFSP-i11 (EIS): Knows strategies that support parents in adapting the natural environment to meet infant/toddler developmental needs.
- IFSP-i12 (EIS): Knows that cultural beliefs and practices of parents and professionals affect early intervention service delivery.