The California Department of Public Health’s (CDPH) mission is dedicated to optimizing the health and well-being of the people in California. CDPH works collaboratively with other governmental entities, professionals, advisory boards, business partners, and local health departments to provide clinical, preventive, outreach, and education services for the citizens of California.
CDPH achieves its mission through the following core activities:
- Promoting healthy lifestyles for individuals and families in their communities and workplaces;
- Preventing disease, disability, and premature death and reducing or eliminating health disparities;
- Protecting the public from unhealthy and unsafe environments;
- Providing or ensuring access to quality, population-based health services;
- Preparing for and responding to public health emergencies;
- Producing and disseminating data to inform and evaluate public health status, strategies, and programs.
Genetic Disease Screening Program (GDSP)
-Newborn Screening Program
-Prenatal Screening Program